Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye, Bye, 2010 .....

I can't believe it - going into the 2nd decade of the 21st Century.  Not bad for someone who was convinced she'd never make it past 30.  When that happened, I knew I'd never see 40.  After that it was 50, etc., etc.  Now I'm heading into what can only be called old age and I never planned for it, never thought about it and don't know quite what to do with it now that it's here.  The funny thing about getting older is that when you are younger you don't like the calendar turning those decades over - but at a certain point you just hope that you'll be around when the next decade comes around.  Completely new perspective.

In case any of you (who?  no one there .... but, nevertheles, "you") are folloing along closely, I can proudly say that 95% of all Christmas stuff has been taken upstairs and put away in the "Christmas closet."

It's truly amazing the minutiae that we can get caught up in and then see on TV a community in Arkansas totally wiped out by a tornado, with three people dead.  Those three people were not questioning whether or not they would see 2011; they knew they would.  But reality had other plans in store for them.  So who the hell cares if I have gotten my Christmas stuff put away or not?

And there's a hostage situation in Houston - hopefully all those being held at gunpoint will see 2011.

And God only knows what other horrors are happening on a minute-by-minute basis.

Suddently lost any desire to go into my trivial life ....

May "Happy" New Year be a reality for as many as possible and something to strive for for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment