Friday, June 3, 2011

News from Little Blue Boy and Blue Velvet's nest .....

Yes, I'm afraid that I've named them.  My friend Jessica, the other half of the bluebird project, gets to name all 5 little ones.

That's right - I said five.

AS OF TODAY WE HAVE FIVE EGGS.  Truly amazing.

But, now I think it's time for family planning to step in and take control.

I'm concerned about how crowded that nest is going to be with five squaling, wriggling little bodies.  It's not that big a nest.

Actually, the nest is big.  It's about 6 inches high.  And she did all that in about 2 1/2 days.  But at the very top where the eggs are and where the fledglings will be is what's called the "bowl" and that's what's not very big.

I'll keep you posted.  It looks like the eggs will hatch while I'm in Alasks, but I will definitely be back before the babes fly the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment